Some of you may be new to this concept so first let us understand what lawn irrigation really is. Just how it’s important to feed yourself every now and then, it’s important to water your lawn too. Lawn irrigation and drainage systems does that for you. Before you start with lawn irrigation, you need to be well aware of the needs of your lawn and how often it needs to be watered. It is always best to do this process in the mornings, specifically between 4:00 AM to 10:00 AM. If it’s done later in the afternoon, the heat at that time causes the water to evaporate which leaves very little for your lawn. Evenings are not preferable either because the rate of fungal growth is high around that time which could also be bad for your lawn.
Here are some tricks and methods to water your lawn smartly
- If your lawn is covered through a large area, it is preferable for you to purchase an impact sprinkler which could be placed on a tripod. This helps cover the whole area because of the height of the tripod.
- Make sure that you have watered the seeds correctly. If the seeds aren’t watered, the plants won’t grow.
- If you have sprinklers, turn all of them on at the same time for the best outcome.
Drainage systems take out the excess water from any surface. It could be the roads or the bathroom at your home. There are different types of drainage systems that are as follows:
- Surface Drainage System
- Subsurface Drainage System
- Slope Drainage System
- Downspouts and Gutter Systems
In the agricultural aspect, soils usually soak up the water because of which there is no need for a drainage system. But there are some types of soils that need an artificial drainage system to get the excess water out. Drainage Systems have been in use since as early as the Harappa and Mohenjodaro civilizations. Even during that time, all the houses had access to drainage systems. Having a drainage system has made everybody’s life a whole lot easier.